Saturday, January 10, 2009

So what's new with John?

It's been too long since I last took the time to sit down, center myself and write. It feels good.

Well, what can I say? Things have been pretty good in the last few months or so. I'm kinda just taking it a day at a time. My work/life routine has been steady since the holiday season ended.

Stacy (my gorgeous girlfriend) and I spend as much time together as we can. I work 8-5 on weekdays and she works mostly evenings and weekends, so we have learned to value the time we get to spend with each other. Just to bring everybody up to speed, Stacy and I have been dating for 3 years and 1 month as of last Tuesday. We recently returned from a kick-ass vacation to Las Vegas, of which I will blog in the near future.

Anyway, besides not being able to see Stacy as much as I would like, things have been good for me. I spend most of non-work time at the SDSU Wellness Center and in my apartment in Brookings. I read books of all types, I typically eat too many calories, I watch movies and play video games. What more can I say? On a scale of 1-10, 1 being absolutely neutral and normal and 10 being the most outrageous and crazy thing you have ever seen, I am a 2.5 right now. (I will probably use this scale again in the future). I want to make it clear that I am not a crazy philosophical and over-analytical nut job who needs a blog to preach and glorify myself. I'm a normal dude, and I want to simply give people a little window into my life. Communication is good, right?

(Image: Stacy and I at an SDSU football game just after I finished performing in the half-time show. 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment