Sunday, January 18, 2009

Soothing My German Side

Now that I'm done blabbing about Las Vegas, I would like to switch gears and let you know a little more about me and what I like.

Like most of us in the upper Midwest, I'm part German. A modest 20% to be more accurate. Unfortunately, the most German part of my body is my stomach. I scarf bratwursts like a fat kid pops Cheetos - and rarely without sauerkraut. And let's not forget the all-time best German food group: beer. Beer beer beer beer beer. Beer. Mmmm yes.

On Saturday, February 21, fellow beer lovers and I will make a pilgrimage to New Ulm, Minnesota to attend one of the holiest Minnesotan holidays: Bock Fest.

This one-day drunken homage to German beer takes place at the 149-year-old Schell's Brewery, home to the best beer in the upper Midwest. Complete with lederhosen and deer-antler helmets, this outdoor celebration provides a very comfortable place for those whose dreams are made of malt and hops.

I know what you're thinking and, yes... you should be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment