Friday, January 9, 2009

Your eyes aren't fooling you - John just started a blog

Hello and welcome to whoever might read this.

This is the first official post of my first official personal blog - The Fighting Swine.

I have many ideas and perceptions which sometimes clog the already shallow flow of my brain, so this is the depository for those things. Hopefully you will find something interesting here.

The plan, for now, is to post reactions, ideas and stories on this page for the eyes of the world. I've wanted to do this for a very long time, and now I finally got bored enough to do it. Can you believe it?

I don't want this to be short-lived, and my goal is to not leave my readers hanging. I have seen hundreds of blogs, and I have also seen several of them fail. How do they fail? One or both of two things: 1. The author gets bored with blogging or 2. The author gets too busy to blog.

In the coming days, I am going to regurgitate (sorry for the gross verb) every idea on my brain which I feel needs to be on this page. You will see photos, stories, reviews, tips, ideas and news herein.

Who is my audience? Anybody that cares about my view.

The truth: it is hard to follow blogs. Especially blabbering and unfocused blogs. My blog might be "that blog" or it might be just a page you saw once. I hope that you will stick with me on this adventure.

Thanks for reading.

- John

2 comments:

  1. I definitely have one of those blabbering blogs, but I think yours will be wonderful! It looks good so far and I will remember to check back. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! You know, I'm not exactly sure what the definition of blabbering is. I've learned a lot more about blogging in the last couple of days, and I have a feeling that blogs should blabber. Why else do we write in them? Who else would we blabber to?

    I think blabbering in a blog is much less harmful than blabbering in person. That's my take on it.

    As long as it is contextual and meaningful, blabbering is all good.

    ReplyDelete